Kathleen Garber, Author at Financial Aid | Page 2 of 2

Mary Morrow – Edna Richards Scholarship

Junior education majors from North Carolina may apply for $1,000 scholarships, to be used during the senior year. Applicants must be willing to teach in the public schools of North Carolina for at least two years following graduation. Applications are available in the Office of Student Financial Aid. For more infomation, contact the North Carolina Association of Educators at 1-800-662-7924, ext. 214.

If Selected for Federal Verification

The easiest way for most applicants to verify FAFSA information from federal tax returns is to request IRS data retrieval. Do this by going to www.fafsa.gov, log in to your FAFSA record, select “Make FAFSA Corrections,” and navigate to the “Financial Information” section of the form. From there, follow the instructions to determine if you are eligible to transfer information into your FAFSA. (It takes up to two weeks for IRS income information to be available for the IRS Data Retrieval Tool for electronic IRS tax return filers, and up to eight weeks for paper IRS tax return filers.)

If you are unable to complete IRS data retrieval, you may request a free 2012 IRS tax return transcript at www.irs.gov.