Your financial aid for the 2022-2023 academic year may include one or more funds that are offered in a pending status. You must accept or decline these funds by logging in to your Wake Forest University financial aid portal.
Log into Wake Information Network (WIN)
Go to Virtual Campus
Click **NEW Financial Aid Portal**
The financial aid portal will open to the Home Page. Here you will see your documents and your messages.
Under Your Documents
- You will find the Federal Aid Authorization application. Click on Complete it now! To answer the use of Title IV Federal Aid question. You must complete this step to accept your offered student loans.
- You will find the Information Release (FERPA) form. Click on Complete it now! This form will give your parents/representatives permission to speak to Student Financial Aid on your behalf.
Use the drop-down menu to navigate to the fourth option Accept Financial Aid. Here you can accept/decline all or part of your offered federal work study eligibility and direct loan eligibility for the 2022-2023 aid year.
For funds in Pending Status, you may:
1. Accept the full aid amounts by selecting Accept All.
2. Choose Decline or Accept for each fund.
3. Accept a partial amount by entering the amount in each semester amount field and selecting Accept.
4. If undecided, leave in Pending status to preserve the option to accept later.
5. When you are finished making your financial aid decision, please click Submit.
If you wish to decline all or part of a fund in Accepted status, contact the financial aid office.
If you wish to accept all or part of an fund in Declined status, contact the financial aid office.
If you are a first-time borrower of a Federal Direct Student Loan, you will need to complete the student loan entrance counseling requirement and sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN) at studentaid.gov.
Important: Your loans will not show as a credit on your billing statement until you accept them in your financial aid portal.