Receipt of Aid

Unless otherwise noted below, aid funds are credited to student accounts near the beginning of each term. Students with excess funds not needed to pay University charges may request a refund for the surplus amount through the Office of Student Financial Services. Payment is based only upon funds actually applied to the student’s account. Students experiencing delays in the delivery of funds from sources outside the University should contact those sources (i.e., the lenders or donors) directly.

Wake Forest University is committed to providing students whose applications and awards are completed prior to the opening of school with credit balances from federal financial aid.  If you receive a Pell Grant, which when added to your other financial aid, exceeds your University charges, we will provide you with the means to purchase books within seven days of the first day of the semester.  This can be either in the form of a student refund or credit on your Deacon One Card.  Please contact Student Financial Services, if your financial aid award is complete, and you have concerns about the ability to purchase books.  If your financial aid award is not complete, please contact the Financial Aid Office.