Financial Wellbeing Tools and Resources
Be Fiscally Fit! Wake Forest has teamed up with iGrad to improve our community’s financial understanding and wellbeing. Make informed financial decisions throughout your college years and into your professional life.
Get prepared for whatever life has in store: All Wake Forest students, faculty, and staff have access to the site using your WFU username and password. Learn to manage your money with free online financial resources at your fingertips 24/7.
Federal Loan Counseling
- Available for all schools on the Reynolda Campus (Undergraduate College, Divinity, Graduate Arts & Sciences, Schools of Business, Law)
- Entrance Counseling
- Exit Counseling
- Forgiveness, Cancellation, and Discharge
Student Loan Advisor for undergraduates
- FinAid Student Loan Advisor – How much educational debt can you afford?
- Financial Pathways of the Piedmont – Financial Pathways is a local nonprofit organization in the Winston-Salem community that focuses on providing resources and services to help individuals achieve financial wellbeing. One of the many programs Financial Pathways offers is the Student Loan Debt program which provides counseling services and strategies to tackle paying student loan debt. This program is aimed at anyone with student loan debt, recent graduates and older alumni alike
Student loan status
- National Student Loan Data System – A national database to help students track their educational loans.
Loan repayment calculators
Online tools for estimating monthly loan payments after graduation.
- FinAid Loan Calculator
- CashCourse: How Long Will it Take to Pay Off My Loan?
- CashCourse: What Would My Loan Payments Be?
- NerdScholar Student Loan Calculator
- Income-based repayment of loans
- FinAid Income-Based Loan Repayment Information
- Income-based repayment calculator (15% version)
- Income contingent repayment calculator
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Private Student Loan Consolidation
- A List of Suggested Lenders from Finaid.org – For recent graduates who need to lower monthly loan payments
Default facts and tips
- Student Loan Default Facts and Repayment Tips for Struggling Borrowers – Steps students can take when having difficulty with loan repayment
Managing student loan debt
- CashCourse: Paying Back Student Loans
- CashCourse: Paying Back Student Loans – Register to begin the e-learning course
- Consumer Finance Protection Bureau – Ombudsman for complaints regarding difficulties with a loan
Federal Student Loan Ombudsman
The Ombudsman Group is dedicated to helping resolve disputes related to Direct Loans, Federal Family Education Loans (FFEL), Program loans, Guaranteed Student Loans, and Perkins Loans. If you’re in a dispute about your federal student loan, contact the Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group as a last resort.
- Online assistance: http//studentaid.gov/repay-loans/disputes/prepare
- Phone: 877.557.2575
- Fax: 606.396.4821
FSA Ombudsman Group
P.O. Box 1843
Monticello, KY 42633
General financial literacy information
Financial Aid Resources
Discover financial wellbeing tools, learn about financial aid receipt and refunds, and explore outside