The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has approved Wake Forest University as an eligible institution at which students may use its Education Benefit Programs. The University has established a policy to meet the requirements of the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018 (Public Law 115-407), section 3679 of Title 38, U.S. Code as amended.

Getting Started

The VA will make a decision on your application within 30 days. If approved, VA will mail your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) Letter to the mailing address that you listed on your application. Please email an electronic copy to your school’s VA Certifying Official.

The Certificate of Eligibility Letter proves your eligibility for benefits. It is a required document for VA tuition funds to display as anticipated aid on your student account.

Yellow Ribbon

All Wake Forest schools on the Reynolda Campus in Winston-Salem participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program. While the Wake Forest School of Professional Studies (SPS) in Charlotte is not a Yellow Ribbon-matching school, SPS students are still eligible for tuition and fee benefits through the Post 9/11 GI Bill® and Veterans Readiness & Employment (VR&E) programs.

Yellow Ribbon is available to Reynolda Campus students who qualify for the Post 9/11 GI Bill® at the 100% benefit level. Service members on active duty and their spouses using transferred entitlement became eligible for Yellow Ribbon on August 1, 2022. Amounts and student limits differ by school. You do not need to submit a separate application for Yellow Ribbon.

Yellow Ribbon covers tuition and fees above the annual tuition benefit cap for private institutions. The 2023-2024 cap is $27,120.05. The cap resets every year on August 1st.

School NameYellow Ribbon Maximum*Student Limit**
Undergraduate College$10,000Unlimited
Graduate School of Arts & SciencesUnlimited50
School of Business$31,00050
School of Law$16,000Unlimited
School of Divinity$10,000Unlimited

*Amounts listed are annual totals (Wake Forest Yellow Ribbon Contribution
+ VA Yellow Ribbon Match).
**Schools with a student limit offer Yellow Ribbon on a first-come, first-serve basis, in order of COE receipt.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at”


Courtney Kim
VA Certifying Official
Reynolda Campus Schools

Linda Higgins
VA Certifying Official
School of Professional Studies

Note: If you are a School of Medicine student, please visit the Veteran Certification web page to find the point of contact for your program.

For questions about Monthly Housing Allowance payments, please contact VA directly at:

GI Bill Help Line (888.442.4551)
Ask VA (

Financial Aid Resources

Discover financial wellbeing tools, learn about financial aid receipt and refunds, and explore external
scholarship searches.